Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Today’s Thought “Progeny, A Wonderful Thing…” G. Ward

 

“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” Psalm 127:3-5

 

As a pastor my days are long yet mostly enjoyable. Therefore my drive home encapsulates my arrival to my man cave where the Lane recliner and flat screen television await. My routine embraces seeing how my wife’s day went/ and is going, then to a chore or two; while the whole time my chair calls my name (eagerly awaiting my arrival). On last evening, while noting that my wife’s car parked in the garage as normal, there was no sign of her in the house. I was so very sad, thinking how there would be no interruption in my seeing my chair earlier than usual (lol). Upon reclining in my chair I noted a pillow on the sofa displaced and an Afghan (i.e. Throw) moved from the same unto another chair. Then my blessed remote control was shifted from the right arm unto the left. I then hit the “On” switch to find the station on NickJr (Nick Jr. is the home for all the characters and shows you may know if you have grandchildren, including; Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, Olive the Ostrich, Bubble Guppies, Team Umizoomi and many more.). That could only mean one thing! Colson and Ethan are here (my grandsons)!

Waiting on their return precluded no dozing for me while the television watches me. Several hours later they burst in the room demanding that PaPa play with them until they got tired. Today I’m exhausted; “so that’s all I have to say about that” (in my Forest Gump voice)! Life is like a bunch of chocolates…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment