Tuesday, May 27, 2014


Today’s Thought “Considerate” G. Ward

 

“If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.” Romans 12:18

 

I recall our youngest sister’s perfection while growing up. She always sought peace in most circumstances while the rest of us sought wreaking havoc. Although most of her actions were conciliatory, there was this time when vocabulary heightened for her (perhaps 3rd grade), enabling her to adopt this redundant terminology that sought castigation primarily unto my brother and me. It was the word “consideration”. I must admit we were the most inconsiderate bunch when it came to food. My brother could eat gargantuan amounts of snacks, cereal, or whatever; and I ran a close second. Seemingly our objective was to eat until the entirety was consumed. Our sister epitomized what nagging represented with the most reprehensible claim, “you’re just inconsiderate!” While our Dad was a wordsmith of sorts, we at an early age couldn’t define the actuality in every word, but quickly grasped context (so I knew it wasn’t complimentary).  In contrast to today’s generational genii (i.e. geniuses), kids of old were dummies.

Getting back to my sister’s imperfection; she eventually learned that if we were in the house, hide your portion or beat them awakening each day. The shame of it all is that she just learned this lesson in her 40’s (Big Dummy!). It’s said, “It’s never too late…”

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment