Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Today’s Thought “Unadulterated” G. Ward
   For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.” Romans 1:21-23
 
Unfortunately, the question Jesus asked His disciples at Mark chapter 8, vs. 27c, “Who do people say that I am” is yet a question in our time. While the bible persists at being the bestselling text of our modernity it has become just another manuscript to extract motivational sayings from. There are however those times when the pious seek to criticize other religious pundits by referring to its harsh code. Regardless, the very intent was that man would hear from heaven by first, desiring it holistically, then not considering following Holy God’s guidelines as burdensome (1 Jn.5:3).
Who do you say HE is? I call HIM Lord because I need Him to own me. My weariness in seeing more religion than surrender can be infuriatingly overwhelming and cause me to hermit-ize myself from society although I’m compelled to give this wonderful message of love (i.e. the gospel) to every captive of himself away.
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment