Thursday, May 8, 2014


Today’s Thought “My Mother’s Faithfulness” G. Ward

“He did right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his father David had done.” 2 Kings 18:3

I never understood why she was so nit-picky on how she made me re-configure my mouth via personal pantomime (without saying a word); until I realized I had big lips that needed me to control them (accentuating my physicality). Or why it was so important to clean house so aggressively (particularly on Saturdays). Now I know her reasoning emanated from a time when young people longed to get out of the house, promoting efficacious expediency from my siblings and me. On rainy or snowy days we would move slower; so ultimately her promptings taught each of us how necessary it is to first work hard so that play is without interruption.

Then there were those moments of great sacrifice that demanded I have the best education, speak clearly and dress meticulously. There have been countless lessons given from my Mother that prepared me for fatherhood and the pastorate. You would think I’d call more often; particularly considering  my Dad having died in 2008 had me understanding everyone’s autumn at hand (cf. Ps.90:10-12). Sadly, many know of my Mother (although she’s 800 miles away and never met most) through every discourse preached and every dialogue shared. This great appreciation of her impartations must become my immediate promulgation before it’s too late.

 As many embark on another Mother’s Day 2014, it would be a crime to just patronize a jeweler, florist, or card shop. I must Share with her how vital she is/was in every level of productivity in my life and how my grandson’s impact on their progeny is inevitably foundational. Loving my Mother with tears…

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment