Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Today’s Thought “Deliberate, Yet with Hope” G. Ward Romans 6: 15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace? Far from it! 16 Do you not know that the one to whom you present yourselves as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of that same one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? My prayer life always understands how ineffectual I am apart from being entirely governed by our Lord (i.e., my desire must be HIS – Matt.6:10). Moreover, to even say I know Him, absolutely denies (gratefully so) every ideology (outside of God’s words) seemingly favorable to my short life, to more insist I’m available towards advancing His cause to men. Therefore, I cannot persist to say He’s mine and I’m His, nullifying a required spiritual transformation that assures an eternity with HIM, while considerate of following an unsanctioned, worldly pursuit so widely accepted as “my choice.” Intimacy, for me with the Most High remains that to which was proposed by the Almighty before the foundation of the world (*Eph.1:4-7) and if I could escape I wouldn’t and whereas friends may have lessened, His love is unrelenting. So, my prayers continue for so many dealing with so much – that the same given me, would be theirs …

No comments:

Post a Comment