Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Today’s Thought “More than Anything” G. Ward Psalm 63 1 God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You. I thirst for You; my body faints for You in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water. 2 So I gaze on You in the sanctuary to see Your strength and Your glory. 3 My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is better than life. A great man of God from our congregation departed this life onto eternity a few days ago. While many sorrow with regret for a man never to reach forty years that included little health his entire life, mine own will miss him with tears. He was genuinely masterful at encouragement, even through numerous hospital stays and countless surgeries. We’d do well in recognizing sufferings; how no one is exempt and while measures of surprise are exacted from so many, it more reveals personal, inevitable demise. Christopher would more invite you towards a thirst in earth that will deliver upon the Lord’s promise (*Jn.14:1-3), never to crave earth matters again.

No comments:

Post a Comment