Friday, February 12, 2021

Today’s Thought “Discarded by Society” G. Ward Proverbs 20:29 “The glory of young men is their strength and the honor of old men is their gray hair.” While I in no way have thrown in the towel, I’ve come to know of physical limitation in my autumn and rather than purchasing a bright, shiny 2 seater convertible, I prefer what was provided me by senior men of my youth – exemplary living. Those of old never appeared hurried to anything and were humbly selective with listening to contemporary messaging soon to evolve due to failed attempts of sorts. Argumentative was never to be named among them, whereas the efforts from the young embraced authoritative persuasiveness. Having witnessed the discord of monologue (from the youthful) that builds controversies more was understood as growing pains by seniors; affording them (i.e. those younger) chance in error (the same given by their predecessors) that didn’t suggest information was wrong, but how they conveyed it. Those seasoned adults derived great phraseology like, “Bless your heart” which could mean, “you’re on your way” or, “You idiot!” Altogether, my growth insists I more pray to the Father for the rescue (in Christ) that grants peace with resolve for any younger or older; because it appears we’ve come to a place whereas to differentiate the two (young vs. old) isn’t distinguishable…

No comments:

Post a Comment