Thursday, February 25, 2021

Today’s Thought “Confessional Booth” G. Ward Psalm 66:18 “If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.” It was what appeared to be a typical day at school in the life of a third grader and the joy for being called upon to clap the erasers and clean the chalkboard was the anticipation for every student. Without greater enunciating, the teacher most assuredly called Greg (not Craig) to the assignment. As understood for the life of an 8-9 year old boy, violation of clarity unto the teacher went violated, causing conflict with these two. Here’s the greater problem, although I was a tough kid, this other apparently had been left behind a couple of grades. GOLIATH’S resolve was a settling of this affair after school. Not having enough sense to be afraid I accommodated him. Being a masterful egoist helped in this endeavor (along with a little girl I liked, who would watch). Round one found my victory in what seemed an effortless rumble, whereas the next round witnessed my gasping for air to find his wrestling skills superior. Where were the adults when you needed them? Oh, I didn’t tell you I was then Catholic and attended their schools and as I squirmed underneath this giant all I could see was the rectory (the Priest’s Home) along with the huge, palatial church to think, “God if you love me, You’ll rescue me!” Craig (a.k.a. Goliath), I’m bigger now and that may be the problem still… “Pray without ceasing” so as to thwart costly indecision.

No comments:

Post a Comment