Monday, October 28, 2019


Today’s Thought “Pervading the Highest Standard” G. Ward

Romans 12:20  But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”

 

Jesus at His most intense moment in being crucified said, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” His prayer wasn’t limited to such an occasion, but sought to encompass future believer-ship (cf. Ac.2:41-47).

While many awaken to Monday’s miseries, they rarely contemplate how it denies every opportunity for peace (Ps.118:24). At some point I must determine to not allow such ill recognition and impatience to become despair. The real enemy is within and I must allow the soul provided me to undergird the spiritual transformation necessary that can change my view of others and circumstances. If I’m a messenger of hope, based on my having been shown mercy, I must insist on being merciful...

No comments:

Post a Comment