Monday, February 4, 2019


Today’s Thought “You’ve Got A Friend…” G. Ward

Ephesians 6:18-20

“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”

There’s an exercise in traditionalism that observes difficulty in the lives of others, assuming the role of “Mother Hen” desiring to eliminate the troubles of the affected. I believe this stance is nobility that is quickly becoming uncommon for our era. At the same time, many are horribly misguided when peace for the victims of suffering is predominately that of prayer with forgetfulness in walking alongside the disenchanted. Advocacy from heaven, in the way of Jesus our Lord, must consider the interdependence HE mandates for His people (i.e. we have become the body of Christ), whereby HE alone is the Captain who  never leaves the vessel HE’s prepared for the earth, desiring that no one would perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment