Tuesday, February 5, 2019


Today’s Thought “They’re Coming to Take You Away…” G. Ward

Psalm 17:4-6 “As for the deeds of men, by the word of Your lips I have kept from the paths of the violent. My steps have held fast to Your paths. My feet have not slipped. I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.”

Our approach to oppression’s impact for our lives will soon determine who we’ll trust. Will we forget that our struggles enable future days granted, an avoidance of prior pitfalls (even so, whereas my current celebrations rejoice in having survived another storm)? Or, shall I wallow in misery’s pit, looking for a different manuscript written from another (just like me) who endeavored a similar plight, experiencing some success, but will soon have splashes of vomit from another circumstance visit my being (and who’s to say whether or not these typhoon winds will overtake me)?

The contingency for a life of peace is absolute reliance on the Only One who can grant the kind of solace the world’s inhabitants need to get off the ferris wheel that won’t stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment