Thursday, April 13, 2017


Today’s Thought “Limited Alterations” G. Ward

“To grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.” Isaiah 61:3

 

Growing up many moons ago promoted surety in ascertaining new clothes for Easter Sunday’s service. Sadly, many parents would buy slightly oversized suits for their boys in view of hurried growth. Easter speeches for children maintained duality in laughter because of a child’s fidget along with destroying the fashionista of their new clothing.

My fiscal responsibilities are vast, that disallows my purchase of a new suit; so I reached way back in my closet to discover a suit I hadn’t wore in ages and yes it was too tight. Early this week I sought alterations whereby the seamstress stood perplexed on how to add material unseen in accommodating this fit. My desire to regress to a day when that was my parent’s issue, has gloriously become my Heavenly Father’s spiritual fitting of intangible proportion (cf. Ro.8:18) that demands my Easter speech is the priority (both in declaration and deed). I really don’t need a new suit, I just need to diet.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment