Thursday, March 23, 2017


Today’s Thought “The Top Shelf” G. Ward

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.” Psalm 139:1-2

If you’re somewhat shorter than most, there are places most difficult in reaching. Our kitchen at home for example is with numerous cabinets and some are very high causing my wife to access a step-stool.  It’s a perfect point in collusion for me in that I absolutely abhor my wife’s fancy cup fetish.  They’re the most difficult items to wash and seemingly it always falls on me to perform this tedious task (and yes, I need Jesus). This horrid idiosyncrasy of mine has put the Devil on waivers, because I’ve insisted on doing his work by hiding these fancy cups in the top shelves.

Rather than conjuring against those vast idiosyncrasies so disturbing, my visitation to this inner sanctuary (Ps.91:2) proposed for me as a believer (cf. Ps.73:17) it should more understand that my every moment afforded me with such an holy matrimonial estate (along with such a beautiful wife who cares for me without condition) hasn’t formulated war upon this fetish seemingly so disturbing, it’s merely mistrust of Holy God’s word (cf. Ge.2:23-24).

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment