Wednesday, September 7, 2016


Today’s Thought “Debacle” G. Ward

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” He said, “Go, and tell this people: ‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive; keep on looking, but do not understand.’ “Render the hearts of this people insensitive, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Otherwise they might see with their eyes,Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed.” Isaiah 6:8-10



Periodically I’m called upon to render the invocation for our local county government. It’s without a meritorious subjection from the entirety of those elected officials, but does warrant individual representatives to select (on a rotating basis) a person of preference; to which (on last evening) became my calling to fulfill. My prayer embraced our human existence, that is, created by Holy God never to misrepresent HIS standard. Contemplations of such contain forcible resolve involving greater congeniality (Ro.12:18). My supplication pleaded review to more minimize philosophical differences, along with opinion, concentrating on righteousness that emanates from any portion in recall found in God’s Word. Next scene, the meeting begins. Disgruntled citizens of sorts quickly forgot our closing standard of “In Jesus Name” whereby my personal prompting desired yelling “SECURITY”!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment