Friday, January 8, 2016


Today’s Thought “My Bible” G. Ward

"You shall have no other gods before Me.” Exodus 20:3

I’m remembering a great man on today, Papa Sims. He was a faithful member of my Grandmother’s church; a quiet man, always dressed impeccably, with kind words and tremendous listening skills. As a boy, I wasn’t exactly sure whether he was a family member; for his presence became synonymous with seeing our Grandmother. Papa Sims appeared to be 100 years old for all my childhood. Wherever he journeyed, that old tattered, black Bible would accompany him. His impatience to worship Holy God was remarkably exemplary, commanding great regard from all.  His patriarchal impression for my soul insists that a copy of God’s word remain close at all times. Some spiritual pundits may reply, “It’s to remain in your heart vs. toting an actual copy.” Is it really “either, or, vs. both, and?” Perhaps you’d prefer for me to wear a turban and carry an assault rifle (low blow Greg!)…

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment