Thursday, February 6, 2014


Today’s Thought “Rejecting Purity” G. Ward

 

“God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.” Genesis 1:31

On last week I shared an experience with another pastor friend of mine at the gym we attend. It was apparent that I was the youngest of the three as we encountered another gentleman who immediately thought using me as a sociological experiment. He was familiar with my pastor friend and asked me if I was receiving any wisdom from him (it was altogether condescending). My immediate reply was, “yes sir, there’s so much to ingest. I however am a little stupid at times, so it may have to marinade a while!” What did I say that for? This compelled the man to preach to me for the next three minutes on how I should never say that! Moreover, he stated, “God hadn’t made anybody stupid!”

My referring to myself that way had absolute recall to Proverbs 12:1. Anyone knowing the way of Holy God and refusing to adjust accordingly is stupid (brutish). Furthermore, those who pompously seek despising the youth of some (i.e. un-solicited counsel) are often contained by stupidity. Many of you want to know what I said after this presumptive one gave his discourse? I would have remained quiet if he was 50% or better in theological matters. He, however, heard from the believer I am. For the following five minutes I shared unadulterated “Truth” with him (cf. 2 Ti.4:2). I hope he wasn’t brutish with adhering to it…

 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment