Monday, February 24, 2014


Today’s Thought “The First Thing That I’d Do Is…” G. Ward

 

“You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.” James 4:3

 

I’ve heard it a gazillion times. “When I win the lottery I’ll do this or that!” I’m always troubled to hear that it takes great sums of money to enable some of this to exist. The odds in winning such a jackpot are 1 in 175 million. Therefore while waiting, one could be contacting a travel agent for inquiry to a trip somewhere comparable to prior delusions of grandeur. Moreover, your insatiability (cf. 1 Ti.6:10) with tangibles can undergird great taming until that award comes into fruition. I’m convinced that many proposing eminent wealth as the culmination of life (cf. Jn.14:6), can be compared to an uncle with a drinking problem. Under normal conditions of sobriety, his words and activity are seasoned in peace and continuity; but once he’s inebriated, you’ll discover that what was subliminal thoughts of discord and offense, surface and soon might nauseate you (cf. Nu.32:23).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment