Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pseudo Living


Today’s Thought Pseudo Living G.Ward

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” Revelation 3:20

As I go, I feel a compelling to represent heaven’s society. More than often I hear from other believers how they too desire conveying the same, but they however cannot be fake in all their expression. Which then is it? Are they realizing that out of their mouths they declare Jesus while proclaiming ungodliness (cf.1 Jn.1:6)? Jesus exemplified what altruistic unselfishness should convey; Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men (Php.2:6-7). Read that again. I believe what we all need is an attitude adjustment. Our Savior was/is guiltless, yet He loves the worse that society offers, dying for the entirety of mankind. Listen, you’re called to be fake (cf. Mt.5:16, *Mt.16:24)! Identifying what you feel is needed and being insatiably driven until you get it, is the worst kind of faking existent (cf. Pr.3:5-6, Mt.6:33). The message of the cross is more than your picking and choosing who deserves grace – it fully understands that sin (including my own) placed Jesus on that cross. Furthermore, it demands reciprocal behavior (Php.2:5). The violations you receive until then, you deserve! He (Jesus) endured all things, so that we would know how (cf. Ro.1:16).

“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also” (Mt.5:39). Fake it, till you make it! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment