Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Direct Intervention


Today’s Thought Direct Intervention G. Ward

“In my trouble I cried to the Lord,
And He answered me.” Psalm 120:1

Many days I pray to Holy God regarding the struggle within. Unlike most of you who awaken with a spiritual hymn on their mind, mine own will often rise with something more applicable, perhaps even secular. This morning it was Joe Cocker’s rendition of Up Where We Belong Lyrics: Who knows what tomorrow brings In a world where few hearts survive. All I know is the way I feel When it's real, I keep it alive

The road is long
There are mountains in the way
But we climb a step every day

[Chorus]
Love lift us up where we belong
Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high
Love lift us up where we belong
Far from the world we know
Up where the clear winds blow

Some may not regard this spiritually, but I believe it’s that in the absolute. The chorus demands that Love lift us up where we belong. Who then is love? Listen to the Apostle John’s definition of who Love really is; We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 Jn.4:16).

Please remember on today that Love can take you unto righteous paths. You’ve tried time and time again (cf. Jn.15:5). Let your aim fully comprehend that this journey is ongoing (Php.3:12-13). Moreover, know that on today our Savior stood in the gap for you (Ro.8:26) and so did I (Jas.5:16). Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment