Friday, November 3, 2023

 Today’s Thought “Spiritual Inventory” G. Ward

Romans 10

16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

 

Prayers given by believers will reveal what is practiced and whereas we’ve been freed from a works righteousness theorizing onto governance from the Almighty (directly), producing intimate growth in Him, along with echoing His desire, (believing it’s best for me) and then knowing He lives in me (substantiating courage to my convictions). If/when the Sovereign Lord chooses to abide in me – what shall I need (Ps.23:1)? Humanity is so a visual specie, that Holy God’s presence will often appear unfathomable and compels the highest communication afforded some to beg for strength, courage, peace, direction, etc., but “slow to speak and quick to hear” more enables a practiced fortitude with believers to surface. If HE walks with me, what shall I fear? Moreover, He’s assured me that His presence won’t ever forsake me; therefore, directives should be clear (*cf. Eccl.5:1-2); yet, a lack in concert with HIS Word (where directives are found for ten thousand lifetimes) are often forsaken, so now I’m back to begging for what already exists…

No comments:

Post a Comment