Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Today’s Thought “Believing I Can?” G. Ward Isaiah 55 11 So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the purpose for which I sent it. I’ve been guilty of wanting another’s surrender to Christ so greatly that my words were entirely too plenteous (cf. Eccl.5:1-2). However, further interrogation of HIS words reveal that faith itself is the gift HE alone imposes unto man (Ro.12:3). Moreover and supremely, Holy God predetermined who would come to that surrender to Jesus before the foundation of the world (Eph.1:4-6). Therefore, we’re to be carriers of the good news of sin’s redemption paid by One capable and apart from HIM, we’re rendered totally ineffectual (John 15:5). I thank God for His wisdom to merely teach those truths and to that end, the Lord’s message of hope will prevail over and beyond my articulatory desire. May all see Christ and not Gregory…

No comments:

Post a Comment