Monday, May 18, 2020


Today’s Thought “Whatever I Ask?” G. Ward

 

2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

 

Organized prayer meetings have increased in view of such uncertainty in the time presented and many supplications unto the Almighty exacerbate notions of troubles eliminated when doing so. Jesus, with spiritual conciseness taught disciples an exercise in rightful prayer that never sought to awaken Holy God (The Omniscient) on earthly realities (*Matt.6:8). Furthermore, HIS instruction encompassed implicit trust that mandated compliance with total self-LESS-ness from every disciple then and thereafter that embodied “Father, we know that Your knowledge is higher than ours, so may Your will already established in heaven disquiet our pleasure” (Matt.6:9-10).

My praise for every circumstance presented wouldn’t be if my days only included sunshine and merry-go-rounds; so my spiritual, mature resolve yet boasts “trouble ain’t lasting” (Ro.8:18)…

No comments:

Post a Comment