Wednesday, November 1, 2017


Today’s Thought “Presupposition, A Killer” G. Ward

Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother named him Jabez saying, “Because I bore him with pain.” Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!” And God granted him what he requested.” 1 Chronicles 4:9-10

Coffee mugs and songs made millions on scripture that celebrates Holy God for His production for their lives to never consider the key word to the Most High’s generosity; honorable. Jabez’s brothers were probably not borderline demonic, but more than likely they would be synonymous with our visual in what nominal Christianity appears to be for our time. Perhaps many view the blessings of God in wealthy terms, when all Jabez desired was to bring honor to his Creator, not to reside behind the gates to a palatial home with a Bentley parked in the circular driveway.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment