Wednesday, September 13, 2017


Today’s Thought “A Fascination With Food” G. Ward

When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household. John 19:26-27

 

My wife and I are empty-nesters now that our sons are adults with children, but it would have been a shame in considering the house to which we live currently (it’s on a rural route) while they were growing up. Both their Mother and I were privileged to interact with others through subdivision life. The relationships we established with those years of interdependence still exist; we were family.

I’m reminded on today of such relationships considerate of Mrs. Adrienne Stewart’s passing on yesterday. Her son and I attended kindergarten together, leaving for college from the same group of homes. Our kindergarten years involved attending half days and there was trade-offs between parents when appointments would arise. The year was 1924 and one such a morning happened (parental trade off) and Mrs. Stewart stepped in to receive me no different than her own. My Mother couldn’t have chosen a better time, for these were the days when parents would arise early preparing a full breakfast. The whole time she was preparing this spectacular breakfast my stomach was in knots, but I was determined to suffer while eating this bacon, eggs, grits and toast. The moment arrived and my calling to fulfill wasn’t arduous. My immature mind however couldn’t navigate running to the bathroom, therefore the bacon, eggs, grits and toast with jam quickly became covered with a special gravy consisting of regurgitated gastric juices. Mrs. Stewart without hesitance commissioned her son to finish eating while she bathed me to then offer me crumpets suitable for a queasy stomach. She became my Mother too. The spiritual realm in our truest existence is without biological parameter.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment