Tuesday, September 12, 2017


Today’s Thought “Assessing the Damage” G. Ward

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.” Psalm 139:23-24

 

Warnings from meteorologists, government and others that sought to keep communities safe (i.e. discouraging travel) during remnants of Hurricane Irma was for some unavoidable. I was successful in remaining at home until receiving a dreaded telephone call from one having witnessed our church steeple having been blown off to pierce our roof in several places. The damage we’ve experienced won’t compare to the tens of thousands traveling back to the southern region with great anxiety uncertain about the residual damage from the storm.

We’ve all been exposed to great storm with horrid residual damage and there’s no insurance adjuster that can prompt comfort for rebuilding. There is however an assurance of peace that demands our repentant heart recognizes the holy absolution of the Father’s care. HE alone is the Shelter needed for every storm.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment