Monday, July 10, 2017


Today’s Thought “Jane! Stop This Crazy Thing!” G. Ward

“However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20

My birthday was yesterday and like others I’ve enjoyed the long tradition of birthday cake and delicious ice cream; but I’ve reached an autumn whereas cake digests slow and remains at my waistline and I’m so entirely lactose intolerant. My family is so very marvelous each year; they find a restaurant they like and invite me to come along; it can’t be too expensive because they’re incurring the bill; they really love me. When you’re older, many send great correspondence, only after social networks reveal it was your birthday, because very few remember; while our response demands our ignorance to them that appear to have known the whole time, even though they’re horrible actors.

Contrary to what this annual day promotes with all the festivities, many of us (who are compelled in rendering aid with hospitality all week) just want to do is to curl up with a book or periodical of sorts and take a nap to the Bonanza or Gunsmoke theme (isn’t cable TV awesome?). Moreover, every second Sunday of the month at our church we recognize the birthdays in that month. I thought our congregation would be different this year and purchase me a car like the big churches lavish on their Pastor; but there’s one lady who never forgets and purchases two gifts; one on behalf of the congregation and another from her personally. I can’t wait until next July; perhaps they’ll get me the car I wanted! Reality insists on the better gift being their consistent presence in worship each week. Signed, Mr. Excitement

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment