Tuesday, July 25, 2017


Today’s Thought “Heart Transplant” G. Ward

“Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 (The Message, Eugene Peterson – A Paraphrase)

The Adventures of Superman witnessed an ordinary citizen (Clark Kent, a journalist), passionately consumed with the aversion of crime enough to then find a closet or storeroom departing from ordinary to extraordinary, a Superhero. Our lives as believers in Christ are no longer ordinary because we are carriers of the Superhero (Jesus our Lord) within. HE alone however is our Magnificent Warrior and the biggest crime (of our time) is pure neglect in seeing HIM as LORD of all. If/when we present our abilities as sufficient, we must be prepared for the world’s  Kryptonite (the ore form of a radioactive element or compound from Superman's home planet of Krypton) to diminish our perceived strength. In other words faster than a speeding bullet becomes pierced unto death, More powerful than a locomotive maintains a ship without a sail and Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound watches the fish jump from the pond into the fry pan!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment