Friday, March 25, 2016


Today’s Thought “Perhaps the Last Time” G. Ward

“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Matthew 24:14

For the past three weeks I’ve been ailing (physically). Typical of men, I didn’t pursue what appeared logical by getting to the medical experts for some reprieve, until awakening one day this week in excruciating pain. My contemplations on that day reminded me of a dear friend who shared similar symptoms and was given a horrible prognosis; he died on last summer. I’ve imagined the same plight for myself one day. All of my charismatic friends are shouting in unison “Gregory, don’t claim that!” I say to you all, “None are with control therein.” As Lazarus was given sickness unto death by Holy God (Jn.11:4) and as King Uzziah was executed (again by Holy God) for usurping his role, if the life given me will bring glory to my KING, take me home. While this may appear dismal to contemplate (cf. Jn.14:1-3, 2 Co.5:1-2, Phil.1:21), the inevitability of it all understands sufferings will then be past tense.

As we celebrate Good Friday, realize that it’s only regarded this way because our Good Shepherd lent this perspective by great example that included our eternal redemption. As for me, I’ll keep preaching awaiting the Blessed Hope…

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment