Wednesday, March 16, 2016


Today’s Thought “My Prayers Work” G. Ward

For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.” Romans 9:15-16

If each of us contingent on the prayer of faith given by another (if not our very self) was immediate in rescue from suffering, why would patience (long-suffering) be required of man? Had it not been for the displeasure in emotion given, to which I may have prompted (or the day to which health wasn’t optimal), where would my determination to never reach outside the grip of grace be?

Yes, our prayers as believers are effective, but we can’t presume to know what the intent in misery may produce (cf. Jn.11:4). Many circumstances (sickness, death, economic woes, etc.) are utilized by Holy God to bring an awareness of His Sovereignty. Demanding to hear only the promises of God without understanding the contingency for blessings furthered has become typical (1 Sa. 8:4-20) and we need not seek to understand the inexplicable (Isa.55:8-9), but to further ways to worship HIM, just because. Faith can be difficult…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment