Thursday, November 19, 2015


Today’s Thought “Can We Eat Now?” G. Ward

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.” Genesis 1:29

My Mother is the reason for my fatness. Her cooking was exquisite. Every dish was perfectly seasoned (Our home was without the traditional salt and pepper shakers). Our Mother served all of us and the perfect amount was distributed to each. Seemingly a perfect situation right? Here’s the dysfunction; the time in completing a meal plan was super lengthy and our generation wasn’t allowed to go near the kitchen while mothers prepared the meal. Oh, the aromas! I epitomized what insanity represents in that I would pass our kitchen having intensified conversation with myself. I’d look her way (a look of melancholy vs. disdain), demanding that she get off the telephone (with that long cord to afford her passage from place to place – that was terribly twisted) and hurry with our food.

All this waiting for those years made me the binge eater I’ve become (Lol!). Moreover, I celebrate the new mother; she doesn’t make her child wait. Furthermore, they don’t have to smell anything aromatic from their kitchens while famished. Their mother’s activity yet resembles old school; she’s on the phone, but it’s a cellphone while she’s driving to the local fast food restaurant exacerbating malnutrition…

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment