Wednesday, June 24, 2015


Today’s Thought “To Be Loved…” G. Ward

“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 139:14-16

Unlike the other commandments given Moses for the Israelites, "Thou shalt not covet" focuses on thought more than outward activity. Moreover, it seeks to preclude unjust acquisition another may obtain. Today’s visuals more point out deficiency in our being than contentment. Subliminal comparatives keeps a pursuit towards physical and proprietary perfection within grasp. The actuality of that grab reaches but never touches a point in satisfaction; it’s a quest in superficiality. “Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Phil.4:11-13).

Happy Wednesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment