Friday, June 19, 2015


Today’s Thought “Why God?” G. Ward

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

If you have a rich, generous uncle, who at many times and various ways rescued other family members from catastrophe; caution may be thrown to the wind. Holy God is the Owner of the entirety in earth and heaven (Ps. 24:1). His advocacy from man’s perspective is mostly required when we are trapped in a pit with no lifeline. When we’ve done all we could do, then call on Him. That’s not faithfulness, it’s abusive.

More religion takes place when earth’s citizens view demise as inevitable. Moreover, general sentiment portrays Holy God as a master interventionist to say generations exposed to heinous crime, catastrophe, or immorality, categorically didn’t suffer as much. I could say more but let’s hear from Holy God at Proverbs 1:24-29, “Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention; And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof; I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, When your dread comes like a storm And your calamity comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you. “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me, Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord.”

See you at church on Sunday?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment