Monday, November 10, 2014

Today’s Thought “An Anthology of Gratitude” G. Ward
“Even to your old age I will be the same,
And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
And I will bear you and I will deliver you.” Isaiah 46:4
 
Salt and Pepper, no longer thought of primarily as a set of basic spices for every table; it’s become the color of my beard and moustache. Morning, afternoon and evening aches so sporadic that medication isn’t a contemplation because immediate reprieve is really what’s necessary. A longing to engage a loved one who has passed from this life to the next; grieving their death (no matter the number of years in their death anniversary) while celebrating the positive impact on us personally.
Many of us are either seated at the head table of the family reunion (as the elder states-people of the family) or on the brink of pinch hitting for the team. Contrary to how it may appear I’m really enjoying this autumn of life. I most certainly don’t long to return unto youth. For me, my 20’s, 30’s and 40’s offered more self absorption than knowing contentment in all circumstances (cf. Phil.4:11-12). Prior to the passing of my father, he shared an abrupt reality for the aged; losing friends unto eternity. Before I should depart from this life, you’ll need to know I cared so much about you and value your impact on my life. Thank you for teaching me the essence of interdependence. Blessings!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment