Tuesday, August 19, 2014


Today’s Thought “Sticks and Stones…” G. Ward

Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:He was led as a sheep to slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
So He does not open His mouth.” Acts 8:32


 

I delight in this autumn of my life. Fifty plus most certainly may involve sporadic aches and pain but is miniscule in contrast to the perspective of “living at peace with all men” (Ro.12:18).

Growing old raises greater cognizance of varied life applications. There’s generally better fiscal propriety and planned dietary issuance. Accompanying these realities is an adoption towards building continuity vs. chaos. The older I become the less argumentative I am. I’ve learned how to remain quiet. I’m still super analytical, but less defensive. If the unsettled say that I am (even while extremely derogative), I won’t refute them (cf. Ro.3:10). Pessimism will rarely win when I uphold the banner my geriatrical foreparents understood best; “silence is golden” (cf. Jas.1:19)…

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment