Friday, August 8, 2014


Today’s Thought “Hats Off to Facebook” G. Ward

 

“As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.” 1 Samuel 18:1

 

You know you’re old when inflections of occurrences in youth become the predominant comparative when engaging others. Furthermore, your body reveals greater seniority also.

The days of old for me reflect on a time when friendships stood the test of indifference. While indifference was a major player, unspoken resolve was ordinary. It was synonymous with sibling rivalry (cf. Eph.4:26). In other words, selfish plights of many led to incessant arguments (cf. Jas.4:1-4), while never seeking to destroy another.

Social networking for me has enabled me to re-establish connectivity to some of my greatest mentors ever; my neighborhood friends. I love all of them dearly and they look great also. Sadly, some of them are yet argumentative. Foolishly, some are up to 7 years my senior and still want to be my daddy! We’re all old now guys! A 73 year old doesn’t bow to an 80 year old! They both are consumed with their funeral arrangements (cf. Ps. 90:10)!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment