Wednesday, June 25, 2014


Today’s Thought “On the Periphery” G. Ward

 

“I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.” Revelation 21:2

 

John the Apostle of Jesus Christ was compelled to live on an island (Patmos) to hear, then write the words Holy God demanded (Rev. 1:19). The relentless attacks from the ungodly, very particularly those embracing more religion than intimacy with Christ, most probably allowed John great reprieve in this isolation. Personally, my greatest joy in life is spending time with Holy God. He compels me to remain in the parameter of His love and wisdom. It’s entirely comforting to allow Him to dictate my steps. When I hear from Him, like John I record all He instructs. It teaches me to slow down and capture the glory vs. getting a portion and running aimlessly. I’ve done it enough to understand that the reverberation of that sprint (Pr. 6:18) yields unrest.

I want to thank God for Him being a Perfect Refuge on today; Moreover, His revelation. It was written that every man would be afforded (Ro. 10:13) an opportunity to repent before the end. Thanks be to God for His perfect gift, Jesus (cf. Mt. 7:21, Jas. 1:22)!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment