Friday, June 20, 2014


Today’s Thought “Conquering Shame” G. Ward

 

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.” 1 Corinthians 13:11

Often times, our viewing people as they are fails to realize there could frivolity of the past. As I contemplate my past, very particularly on this day (June 20) thirty –five years ago my sister bore our first niece. Sadly, my great friend (Harry), along with his great friend (Chuckie Doss) and stupid me sought drinking liquor (from the bar in our home) in access via contest. Needless to say, everyone lost.

It was that same day I’m pleased to say that my mother’s very first grandchild was born on her birthday (What a Gift!). It’s often necessary for me to contemplate how Good the Lord has been in sparing me from annihilation (or self destruction). Now what’s become apparently necessary is to render greater mercy for those in progress (cf. Jas.2:13)…

Happy Birthday Mom & MeMe!

Happy Friday 2 All!

No comments:

Post a Comment