Tuesday, January 7, 2014


Today’s Thought “A Purgatory of Sorts…”

“So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90:12

At the entrance of each year, television networks do a marvelous job with informing viewers of the many illustrious deaths in the prior year we’ve witnessed. I’m always flabbergasted in having missed varied reports concerning so many. My heart saddens as if I knew them personally; even the more as I too become older. Contemplations of my departure have become more vivid. Unlike many spiritual giants we encounter, this spiritual midget is uninhibited in discussing what is inevitable with man – death. My interposition regarding my end helps to better seize moments somewhat indifferent to that of my youth. My striving in valuing every moment as Holy God’s opportunity through me is truly my heart’s desire. As the acclaimed are regarded at the end of every year, we too will quickly diminish from the contemplations and lips of those who remain. Contrary to popular belief, everyone won’t inherit heaven (cf. Mt 7:21); but thank God, HE remembers those (cf. Mk.8:38) who made Him Lord while life encompassed their beings…

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment