Monday, January 27, 2014


Today’s Thought “Enough Already” G. Ward

 

“Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.”  1 Timothy 2:9-10

 

The theological implication in the above passage was/is pertinent to ostentatiously disruptive women in a worship setting, compelling varied listeners digression of “Truth” (cf. Jn.14:6).Upon watching 20 minutes of the Grammy’s on last evening, I found myself echoing a sentiment of my grandparents; “I sure miss the good ole days!” I’ve got a terrible disease according to all I viewed. I recognized very few artists, in that, if an artist hasn’t been around for 25 years or better, I won’t be familiar with their tunes. Musicians of old were regarded as artists because their talent sought social awareness and encouragement. Although current music moguls may seek the same, millions of dollars accompany their endeavors. I don’t believe Nat “King” Cole or Sam Cooke ever made millions. Moreover, if they were invited to the “Grammys,” their hair would have been meticulously trimmed, along with beard and moustache grooming. Their suits wouldn’t have appeared too snug (I despise this new male suit business), and they most certainly wouldn’t have worn the hat “Mr. Ranger Sir” sported on the adventures of “Yogi Bear” (along with a ridiculous Adidas red jogging jacket with jeans).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment