Wednesday, September 18, 2013


Today’s Thought “Peaceably Productive” G. Ward

 

“Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.” Philippians 2:1-2

 

On yesterday I arrived at my office as ordinary seeking to complete my Wednesday message unto our congregants here and then add to my Sunday sermon. Indifferent from most days I became entirely restless and succumbed to viewing varied clips from news segments highlighting political biases. I must first share that at one time I would have been regarded as a news junkie, so what began as sampling turned into several hours of chaotic observation. I witnessed far more hyperbole than facts. Most sought to stir the waters of divisiveness than to unify. The interviewees were no different (across partisan lines). Their answers were frightening, in that responses were categorically condescending at best.

Our believer-ship demands we be super analytical with what we hear (cf. Ac.17:11). My wish for mankind is that great introspection of one’s mindset would reveal, “Jesus is the vine, we are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” (Jn. 15:5). The older I become, the less I’m impressed with mankind…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment