Thursday, September 19, 2013


Today’s Thought “Funeral or Home going?” G. Ward

“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6

On last week our church hosted a funeral for a family whose 82 year old mother died some days prior. I’m well connected to a local funeral home here and when some request a service within a church, they’ll call me. I’m yet perplexed on why they would request a church when 75% or more of all these cases involve the deceased as un-churched. This service appeared strongly traditional from the onset. The processional involved numerous grievous family members encamped around the coffin viewing remains of their loved one. Secondly, some great preacher dude announces the intent, desirous to set a tone that may or may not be true; “I don’t preach funerals, this is a home going!” The cynic I am always asks, “Really?” If everyone goes to heaven, why did Holy God mention eternal separation unto those who denied Him in the earth (cf. Mt.25:41, Jn.6:63-66, 66-71, 10:28, Ro.2:6-8, 6:23, 8:1, 2 Th.1:9, Heb.9:27, 1 Pe.3:18)?

Our contemplations concerning eternity ought not lead to castigations of others, but should inspire those of us who are anchored in Christ to share unadulterated truth. There are funerals and many die in their trespasses against God. Assuming that we’ll be afforded a chance at repentance before the end is comparable to winning the mega-million lottery…

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Servant of God,Holy Greetings to you in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

    I am a Servant of God from India. I have been Working as a staff member in A Christian Ministry in India.

    While I Was Searching for Some thing, I found Your Site.

    Your Writings are Wonderful.

    We Pray for You, Please Pray for Our Ministries.

    If it is Pleases to you to Know More about Works for God You Can Send me an E.mail to My address , I Can Write you Details about Our Ministries.

    Thanking You,

    In HIM

    ReplyDelete