Monday, August 19, 2013


Today’s Thought “Invincible” G. Ward

 

“In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Romans 8:26

 

So many calls arrive at my desk conveying utter distress each week echoing a sentiment of “I’m very troubled, even to the point of not knowing how to pray!” I’m so glad that Romans 8:26 has become first nature in my approach to their dilemma. Moreover, I encourage them to know that if Jesus wept, their feeling as though they shouldn’t, lacks authenticity. If Holy God said weaknesses exist among humans, are any of us exempt?

Perpetuating slogans that seek to encourage can be altruistic, yet damaging. This essence of our being strong contradicts our very composition (“Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.” Ge.2:7).  If we were to gather an astronomical amount of dust, it would yet convey a physicality soon to blow away (cf. Ps.90:10). Howbeit that our constant admonishing leads others to think of themselves as strong while the New Testament identifies 84 individual declarations of sufferings? I’d rather introduce two other substantive passages that better expounds on ultimate victory; 1.) “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us” (Ro.8:18). 2.) “Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you (Heb.13:5).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment