Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Today’s Thought “An Indictment” G. Ward

 

“Listen to the word of the Lord, O sons of Israel,
For the Lord has a case against the inhabitants of the land,
Because there is no faithfulness or kindness
Or knowledge of God in the land.” Hosea 4:1

 

I love the hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness. The refrain is cathartic in reciting; “Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

Amazingly, Holy God’s alarm clock enabled my existence on this His most wonderful day (cf. Ps.118:24). Howbeit with my pure neglect in His yesterday has HE done it again? Assessing why may be futile, particularly with its ability in promoting more lethargy than contrition. There’s a soul on today needing great reprieve from the many woes life may present. I’ve determined to “present my body a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is my spiritual service of worship.” Perhaps I’ll encounter a relative or friend of yours. Won’t you help me in this endeavor; for I’m concerned for those I love also…?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment