Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Indiscriminate


Today’s Thought “Indiscriminate” G. Ward

 

“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.” Hebrews 13:2

 

Weekly, at our Sunday worship services I (as Pastor) sit in the back until the song before my sermon. We’re privileged each week to have numerous visitors and many arrive to our most excellent Usher Ministry’s heartfelt greeting then to encounter my personal acknowledgement. My introduction is brief and always presents my name (Gregory Ward), while asking theirs. Many are perplexed on who I am and why such concern. Their faces show how perplexed they are and their salutation will often go lacking. When I occupy the pulpit they marvel at the availability of the Pastor; particularly in a time where vocational pomposity has become the necklace of the modern theologian.

My encouragement today is for everyone to eliminate disparity’s chance at favoritism (Jas.2:1-7) by extending hospitality to all, indiscriminately.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment