Monday, December 3, 2012

Today’s Thought Assembling Scoundrels G. Ward
 Elisha said, “As the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look at you nor see you.
2 Kings 3:14
The Prophet Elisha directed this observation to Israel’s king (Jehoram) as a result of his last resort consultation with Holy God to war against Moab. Israel’s king sought impetuously to defeat Moab and their king due to him disregarding a debt owed to his deceased father King Ahab. Moreover, he (King Jehoram) without contemplation thought of himself too highly due to the war alliance established with Judah’s King Jehoshaphat and the King of Edom.
I’ve viewed many throughout my lifetime celebrating camaraderie with those who appear as principled pillars (particularly in the spiritual community), when in actuality they’re suffering as spine-less jellyfish when crisis arrives. Considering the warfare of life as perpetual (cf. Ro.7:15), demands that Holy God be our very first consultation and insists my implicit trust of HIM even when others fail to show. HE’s Faithful. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment