Monday, November 12, 2012

Today’s Thought Regrets G. Ward
“But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:20
It was 5 a.m. this morning when I awakened. I prepared a most excellent cup of coffee and two pieces of toast. While sipping and eating, I began to contemplate the goodness of Holy God. I was entirely repentant for my blatant disregard of the spiritual regimen I normally experience. My prayer reflected that sorrow and I was refreshed (cf. Ac.3:19-21). Amazingly, I was immediately given an opportunity to reciprocate such a restoration comparable. Upon searching through my email I discovered a correspondence from a relative who was apologizing for some remarks she made more than six months ago that could have been construed as offensive. I assured her that no offense was taken and that my loving her meant no future apologies would ever be necessary.
Awakening each day should birth great exuberance in the lives of believers, in that it strongly substantiates His words; He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
 Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.
For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust”
(Ps.103:9-14).
*Had Joseph been impetuous with bringing public shame on Mary, the story of Christ could have been marred, but thank God for His infinite wisdom.
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done" (Lk.22:42).
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment