Friday, February 2, 2024

 

Today’s Thought “Friday Night Lights” G. Ward

2 Corinthians 6

14 Do not be mismatched with unbelievers; for what do righteousness and lawlessness share together, or what does light have in common with darkness?

 

I must admit to being overwhelmed in awakening to a warmer climate (particularly after more than 40 years residency in Georgia), versus my home state (MI.); yet, I’m equally perplexed in how such a balmy day (here) allows some to contemplate greater anticipation of nightfall for social interactivity, whereby dimmed lights can even make me look good(?). More than 10 hours of Winter sunlight will exist on today, enabling tremendous outdoor gathering of sorts, that offers best discernment with clarity (i.e., in view of most awakening early). My prefacing with such rhetoric seeks to provoke thoughts concerning dating. Old folks, having endured great rebellion themselves, would share that nightfall is a precursor to temptation the more as a varied ambience sets a tone of romance and whereas a heart’s desire embraces an abstinence in matters spiritually unbecoming, and because appearances overwhelmed my best judgment, a relationship ensued entirely disagreeable to my prerequisites (in moral or religious continuity) before any of this happened (***cf. Prov.1:24-29).

No comments:

Post a Comment