Friday, January 26, 2024

 

Today’s Thought “Just Got Paid…” G. Ward

James 4

You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

 

Our Creator is not an anti-pleasure God (cf. Eccl.9:7-9); but from the beginning and considering our design as frail, HE would allow a susceptibility for us (i.e., free will) unto visuals appearing shiny, yet without benefit; along with a deceiver’s rant that questions “did God really mean it that way(?).” Our rebellion would soon thereafter, eat the forbidden fruit. While we sup, our contemplation of potential digestive issues carrying a horrid reverberation, even comparable to an ongoing, embarrassing belching that persists and should serve as a reminder in how I agonized when consuming such presumed delicacies; I’d witness a false reprieve thereafter and whereas I seemingly cured of such distressful pain, I would then journey to another kind of tree and pick its fruit and the same would happen again and whereas ONE who created me (in All Wisdom) sought to share HIS intent for my every step, to help thwart my insatiable drive towards such agonizing, self-imposed misery (cf.*Psalm 119:114) …

No comments:

Post a Comment