Thursday, July 29, 2021

Today’s Thought “Setting Goals” G. Ward Colossians 3 Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. I’m recalling my very first new car purchase with all its lengthy process (i.e. before technological advancements were commonplace – making things easier). I chose what was lesser in price although a sports model had my attention. Every dollar over a proposed budget made a difference and could have warranted a wait for Sundays to have meat. Later that afternoon, the vehicle (i.e. same showroom model) became mine own and upon finally journeying home that day, the walk inside was a long travailing as I would look back at a continuum. There was a service inspection required numerous months later and while waiting I was approached by another salesman proposing he could get me the deluxe model in a different color (and no I didn’t do it). Life is filled with moments of insatiability and whereas mankind (in every generation) has sought to extinguish the control things seen can have in their lives, only proper spiritual pursuit in Christ lends contentment. Train accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment