Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Today’s Thought “Walking and Chewing Gum” G. Ward Matthew 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me…” Saint Vincent and the Grenadines island chain is located in the Caribbean Sea. Recently, their citizens (less than 120,000) were uprooted from the island in escape from an erupting volcano. They’re without a robust economy (particularly the more in view of Covid-19 and reliant on tourism), causing very low wages across the country and few job opportunities, leading to a poverty rate of 30.2 percent. Sadly, much news coverage sought to encourage aid for the evacuees and little was lent. Many will suggest we have so many problems of our own to solve, so “let the United Nations deal with them!” This un-spiritual portrayal is synonymous with Christ’s reprimand to imposters of faith in Him, which disallows not caring for those genuine followers with varied needs. The “my land” mantra has become extremist in its proprietary way in perpetuating the “have and have nots” and best instruction demands we identify the Real Land Owner before it’s too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment